Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread to Clarify Doubts, Seek Guidance from 2021 Batch Civil Servants

Hi, everyone! Starting this thread, so we can all seek specific guidance from, clarify our doubts from friends who successfully cleared CSE 2021. Please feel free to ask any and all questions, however trivial, so we can collectively benefit.

It's opportune time for this, as with Pre 2022 ending in a few hours, friends giving Pre this year can also benefit from their Post-Pre Preparation Experience.

Tagging 

@sjerngal  @Pam123 @AzadHindFauz @TheFinalStand @CSLWARRIOR @Arsene @Bubba_gump @Apollo11 @impatientoptimist  @whatif1997, and requesting them to enlighten us plebs on tricks & trickeries of preparation.

Edit: Adding@Newton981 (AIR 107)

curious_kid,DMand25 otherslike this
133k views

248 comments

@Pam123 @CSLWARRIOR @sjerngal  please enlighten on how to cover current affairs for mains especially if we didn't cover magazines for current affairs for pre.....how to cover mains specific current affairs within 3 months??

Mr_ Abhi,Subtle_Art
5k views
Deleted

+1 

5k views

Imomfsaid

@Pam123 @CSLWARRIOR @sjerngal  please enlighten on how to cover current affairs for mains especially if we didn't cover magazines for current affairs for pre.....how to cover mains specific current affairs within 3 months??

+1

5k views
» show previous quotes

+1

For mains Current affairs I joined ForumIAS' Current affairs class. It's excellent. Concise notes, Value added and dipin sir will help you to remember the content in class itself.

Neyawn,DMand12 otherslike this
6.3k views
» show previous quotes

+1

For mains Current affairs I joined ForumIAS' Current affairs class. It's excellent. Concise notes, Value added and dipin sir will help you to remember the content in class itself.

+10000000

Subtle_Art,
4.5k views

This is the second best thing to happen to the Forum. Kindly keep helping guys :heart:

I am no knight. Do not call me Sir

curious_kid,DMand14 otherslike this
6k views
@CSLWARRIOR was confused between dipin sir & mains 365, i think i know now how to proceed.

CSLWARRIOR,
4.5k views
Deleted

@sjerngal @Pam123 @AzadHindFauz @CSLWARRIOR @Arsene @Bubba_gump @Apollo11 @whatif1997 @impatientoptimist 

could someone guide me for anthropology optional?

I have completed paper 1 & paper2 (except some portions of p2) and have made short notes of these

& had given anthropology test series in june 2021 - august 2021 ( had left some test of paper 2 ).

From october 2021 till present , i have not read anthropology.

I am confused as to how to start, what to do, which test series to take etc. 

Could anyone of you help ?

I started revising paper 2 from my notes on june 6, but after that day i did not proceed (reason being i am not able to structure as to what to do & within which duration).

Tagging all of you, as i don't know which optionals you guys had.

Any advice from your side would be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.

morsmodre,
4.5k views
discoFighter,khyali_pulaoand2 otherslike this
4.3k views
Q1/5: Join AWFG: U will be able to prepare the mains topics as Forum will provide u list of questions. It will also help in incremental change in answer writting.

Q3: I made notes of Laxmikant and Spectrum. 50-60 pages of hand written notes, noting down only the tricky things.

Mettle,AzadHindFauzand5 otherslike this
6k views

@CSLWARRIOR 

1.) I am a beginner, starting with reading Laxmikant etc when according to you should I join a mains test series?

I have doubts whether I'll be able to write good answers later and I should join it early. Could please help and give me some perspective for that.

2.) Should I start prelims only preparation from March or should start it from Jan?

4.3k views

@Neyawn sir can we talk? Where do I reach out?

EUROPOL,
4.2k views

@CSLWARRIOR 

1.) I am a beginner, starting with reading Laxmikant etc when according to you should I join a mains test series?

I have doubts whether I'll be able to write good answers later and I should join it early. Could please help and give me some perspective for that.

2.) Should I start prelims only preparation from March or should start it from Jan?

(Assuming u will be appearing in CSE 2023.)

1. U may complete the mains part: GS+Optional during this year, till December and start for Pre in Jan/Feb.
2. Start writing answers as soon as possible. U may join test series or use any free platform if u have peer group to review the answers.

PICERAS,Goingalloutand1 otherslike this
4.4k views

CA for mains, one can rely completely on Dipin sir's CA classes. I also thought that I will do vision also or Epic magazine but believe me that's is practically impossible. Though Dipin sir gives class notes, one can make short notes of sir's classes for last minute revision.

Another benefit is that the effort that sir puts in will prompt you to work harder. 

Another good thing is that after going through the classes, you will gain enough weapons ( read content) that will help you in the war (mains examination). 

If one can religiously do the basic books/notes and add that with sir's CA classes, you can aim to be in the top percentiles as far as GS scores are concerned. 

PS: When I say religiously, make sure you revise these notes 2-3 times. 

Hope this helps.

Tina1997,sjerngaland4 otherslike this
5.5k views

CA for mains, one can rely completely on Dipin sir's CA classes. I also thought that I will do vision also or Epic magazine but believe me that's is practically impossible. Though Dipin sir gives class notes, one can make short notes of sir's classes for last minute revision.

Another benefit is that the effort that sir puts in will prompt you to work harder. 

Another good thing is that after going through the classes, you will gain enough weapons ( read content) that will help you in the war (mains examination). 

If one can religiously do the basic books/notes and add that with sir's CA classes, you can aim to be in the top percentiles as far as GS scores are concerned. 

Hope this helps.

@impatientoptimist  Is there any Demo video for the same?

Hey, everyone! I made this account using a Temporary Phone No, from some site I don't remember, to safeguard my Privacy. I believe in Free Access to Resources. So, if you see any posts from this account Selling anything or trying to scam, they wouldn't be from me. Someone would have gained unauthorized access to this account. Best recourse to prevent such a thing would be to delete the account, but Forum doesn't provide that option.
4.2k views

Hope this helps.

@impatientoptimist  Is there any Demo video for the same?

https://academy.forumias.com/current-affairs-2023

morsmodre,
3.6k views

Saint_said

» show previous quotes

https://academy.forumias.com/current-affairs-2023

For me its saying,"Sorry, Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here"

Edit: got in working in a different browser

Hey, everyone! I made this account using a Temporary Phone No, from some site I don't remember, to safeguard my Privacy. I believe in Free Access to Resources. So, if you see any posts from this account Selling anything or trying to scam, they wouldn't be from me. Someone would have gained unauthorized access to this account. Best recourse to prevent such a thing would be to delete the account, but Forum doesn't provide that option.
4.1k views

@CSLWARRIOR @Pam123  More Questions:

1. How did you cover/ analyse PYQs: Year-wise, or Subject-Wise

2. Did you use any material for the same? Reading each one, then researching the options is taking disproportionate time.

3. If I analyse last 5 yrs GS 1 papers holistically, and cover the rest from a compilation (Ex, Disha), would that be a good strategy?

Morticia,
4k views
Can someone please guide .. what is considered a good score in Mains 2021 in essay, GS 1,2,3 and 4? Who are the highest scorers in each of these papers? Can't find any toppers marksheet anywhere...
sonder,
3.8k views
Write your comment…