Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread to Clarify Doubts, Seek Guidance from 2021 Batch Civil Servants

Hi, everyone! Starting this thread, so we can all seek specific guidance from, clarify our doubts from friends who successfully cleared CSE 2021. Please feel free to ask any and all questions, however trivial, so we can collectively benefit.

It's opportune time for this, as with Pre 2022 ending in a few hours, friends giving Pre this year can also benefit from their Post-Pre Preparation Experience.

Tagging 

@sjerngal  @Pam123 @AzadHindFauz @TheFinalStand @CSLWARRIOR @Arsene @Bubba_gump @Apollo11 @impatientoptimist  @whatif1997, and requesting them to enlighten us plebs on tricks & trickeries of preparation.

Edit: Adding@Newton981 (AIR 107)

curious_kid,DMand25 otherslike this
130.3k views

248 comments

how is vajiram's mains test series compared to vision's ?
4.8k views
@roronoazoro I will be suggesting few points to ponder nd may be that can help u in arriving at the appropriate answers.
1. As it was ur second attempt, I presume that u r not more than 24-25 yrs of age.
2. Ur score in GS is impressive nd only issue is of CSAT , which can be easily resolved. 
3. U shud not prepare for the mains if u don’t want to write CSE again, which of course may not be the truth. 
4. Don’t u want to feel prepared once ur name appears in the prelims qualified candidates list? 
5. If u will choose to do CSAT or waste time now, u will regret it later on, be sure about that. 
6. Unless there are grave financial issues, don’t look for back up nd devote urself fully to the preparation. Being a working aspirant, I know how difficult it is to manage the preparation nd profession. 
7. If ur current degree can’t land u a job then acquiring a degree that is worth landing a job will take 2 more years implying  loss of crucial preparation time. 
Hence, my brotherly advice to u is that start preparing for mains with full zeal nd enthusiasm. There are chances that u may qualify prelims, even if it was a surity that u were not going to qualify prelims still I wud hv advised mains preparation, for it helps in doing away with the boredom of prelims preparation n secondly at some point u will have to write mains. 

Vesuvius,PICERASand2 otherslike this
4.9k views
@ArchAngel96 wrote 2 mains with history. Piyush sir has good command over recent trends in optional. See if you find him on unacademy( probably! He doesn't work in GS Score anymore). You can access previous topper's answer copies from gs score's website for more insights.

4.3k views
Cool
I actually have taken mains advance programme last year for him.
I  was just looking for more options but nvm.
Thanks

4.2k views

Hello, 

I am confused between opting for the Dipin Sir CA course (which is fab content wise) or the MK Yadav QEP that helps provide frameworks to people to come up with answers quickly and comprehensively. 

Also, could anyone please help me understand the difference between watching the DIpin Sir CA videos or just reading through his class notes?

Thanks!

Joy101,Aazaad
4.2k views

Hello guys

Regarding content enrichment

What was your approach regarding quoting anyexamples/case studies for GS2/GS3 and for Ethics ?

How did you collect them ? Did you prepare notes for remembering them or just placed them as felt right during the paper?

How high of a priority should be collecting the same and remembering it should be ?

4.1k views
Anyone among toppers having Philosophy as an optional? Need some help!!!
sadplato,
4.1k views
@Archand  His notes are crisp where benefits,drawbacks are written in phrases. If you don't understand them by simply reading them, classes would help because he elaborates them (I'm not a topper )

Archand,
4k views
Can anyone give feedback for gs score geography test series and their evaluation? And is the geography faculty of the institute accessible for giving personalized feedback for the same
3.9k views
@Archand  His notes are crisp where benefits,drawbacks are written in phrases. If you don't understand them by simply reading them, classes would help because he elaborates them (I'm not a topper )

Thank you! :)

3.8k views
@Archand I will suggest you should go for Dipin sir classes ,I will go for Dipin sir classes over any other program be it anyone 

AzadHindFauz,Archandand4 otherslike this
5k views

Hello, 

I am confused between opting for the Dipin Sir CA course (which is fab content wise) or the MK Yadav QEP that helps provide frameworks to people to come up with answers quickly and comprehensively. 

Also, could anyone please help me understand the difference between watching the DIpin Sir CA videos or just reading through his class notes?

Thanks!

Go for Dipin sir's CA classes.

1. They are more insightful and rich in quality.

2. They have better cross-linkages. The content could be used across Essay, Ethics, and Optionals (humanities) if you know how to use them.

On the other hand, merely getting frameworks for different topics wouldn't be of much help in my opinion.

DM,Archandand4 otherslike this
5.1k views

Hello, 

Thanks!

2. They have better cross-linkages. The content could be used across Essay, Ethics, and Optionals (humanities) if you know how to use them.

On the other hand, merely getting frameworks for different topics wouldn't be of much help in my opinion.

+1

Archand,sjerngaland1 otherslike this
3.7k views

Thanks all. Really appreciate the help.@Rashmirathi @AzadHindFauz @CSLWARRIOR 

The only doubt that remains is if there is enough time for me to cover the video classes too? I saw a few class notes and I felt that I could cover them quicker than the classes. 

AzadHindFauz,
3.3k views
hello everyone , this was my 2nd attempt in prelims , and through several answer keys i am scoring 120+ in gs paper1 , however in csat i am hanging at borderline although through various answer keys i am still at 68 -70 , but i am feeling that i am going to fail in csat , and so am unable to bring myself to prepare for mains , also i dont have a degree that can get me any job , so should i go for some other backup like preparing for cat , or should i begin with mains prep, also how should i convince myself to start preparing for mains without doubt of failing in csat ?

We both are hanging in exactly the same spot brother. The only difference is that it was my 3rd attmpt. 

MichaelScarn,
3.2k views

Thanks all. Really appreciate the help.@Rashmirathi @AzadHindFauz @CSLWARRIOR 

The only doubt that remains is if there is enough time for me to cover the video classes too? I saw a few class notes and I felt that I could cover them quicker than the classes. 

U can complete them easily....last mains there was less time...still completed comfortably. U should watch video classes.

Archand,
3.4k views

@sjerngal @AzadHindFauz @CSLWARRIOR Apart from revising my notes, what else can I do to improve in GS1,2 & 3 further?? Should I join Forum CA classes? Last year tried to read Mains 365 once but due to paucity of time, couldn't revise it properly and remembered very few points. 

By joining Forum CA classes will I be able to use more examples in my answer?

Overall what should be my strategy this year for GS 1,2&3?

3.1k views

@sjerngal @AzadHindFauz @CSLWARRIOR @Arsene @Bubba_gump @impatientoptimist Apart from revising my notes, what else can I do to improve in GS1,2 & 3 further?? Should I join Forum CA classes? Last year tried to read Mains 365 once but due to paucity of time, couldn't revise it properly and remembered very few points. 

By joining Forum CA classes will I be able to use more examples in my answer?

Overall what should be my strategy this year for GS 1,2&3?

This was my first Mains. My preparation for Optional and Ethics was average thus focussing more on GS4 and optional this year. 

3.1k views
» show previous quotes

@AzadHindFauz@CSLWARRIORMight be a silly ques but Given that the classes will start before prelims ....Does it make sense to enroll in these classes if you don't clear prelims (since i feel i am pretty close to the cutoff)

I mean for the next attempt.

2.8k views
Write your comment…