Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread for those struggling with handwriting speed

While writing MGP I did experiment a bit with this
At first I was hardly completing 14-15 questions where I spent too much time on elaborating and ended up leaving 45-50 marks worth questions unattended
Now as soon as I realise there is only half an hour left,I start writing answers to left over questions simultaneously??
I know it sounds crazy but instead of trying to write a quality answer and loosing out on 2-3 questions, trying to give quantity the priority for last few questions worked for me
However great is your answer in forum tests they only give 5/10(near perfect answer) and 7/15
So instead of trying to get that, 3-3.5 across 3-4 questions would be more productive and it has yielded results for me!

4.3k views

@BurningdesireI am now almost comfortable with GS 1 paper completion due to its factual nature
2 and 3 requires a lot of writing I suppose as most of it will be linked to CA!

4.1k views

@UrvashiSay you are into the last 30 mins of the paper and you have 5-6 questions left
You know answers to every question but if you start writing them individually you may write full answers to 2-3 questions but upsc wont give you 15 to it and you loose 45 marks straight
What I plan to do is answer all these in parts
Write intro of all the questions compulsorily that should take 1-2 mins for each question and you will be assured of 1/2 marks for each question
And after that depending on the knowledge you possess on each question give attention to them
In this process your answers might look average for these last few questions but in my opinion average content plus attending full paper triumphs over extraordinary content and 5 questions left alone!

4.1k views
Write your comment…