Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread for those struggling with handwriting speed

If there are others like me who are struggling to finish papers due to slow handwriting, here we can discuss issues, exercises, pens etc. which can be helpful.

goldberry,utsav05622844
35.9k views

70 comments

Muxh needed thread

6.7k views

@sbhati513590Factors affecting speed :

1. Content which cannot be recalled spontaneously affects speed as we think more and waste time.
  2. Pen
    2.1 - Weight of the pen
    2.2 - Ease of holding
    2.3 - Easing of writing - friction etc
  3. Diagrams / Map making speed
  4. Writing more words - word optimisation.
  5. Stamina to write longer, Palm power etc

Any other factors ?

6.6k views

I am struggling with the typography .. I dont write cursive.. all my alphabets are spaced .. consequently have to pick up pen after each letter and it makes the speed dramatically slow ..

6.7k views

Guys, i am facing same issue. Slow handwriting. Plz share the solutions for the same. Do fountain pens help speed up the handwriting?

6.4k views

@Akbar_BirbalI have recently started using pilot V7. It gives good flow, though its tip is thick compared to other pens.

5.9k views

@JoeyisthebestI started using Totem Meow. Less weight, no friction

6.6k views

@Joeyisthebestyes, i am also using V7. Found it to be the best among all the pens i tested till date.

6.4k views

try uniball sx-217 jetstream. it's for Rs 80 but worth it.

6.7k views

@spvijayakumar488946try it once. You wont regret.

6.6k views

@DarkNightbhai, plz share the image.

6.4k views

@spvijayakumar488946Is this pen normally available at stationary shops ya online order karna hoga?

6.4k views

@Akbar_BirbalI am also wondering the same. I am borrowing Lamy Safari from someone. Ill get it next week. I will try and share my experience here.

7.4k views

As a general rule, gel pens and roller ball pens should be easier to write with since there is less friction.

More than friction from paper, my problem is that when I am an hour or so into the paper I start to grip the pen very tightly. This probably tires out my hand and my speed gets slower.

7.4k views

Also it seems to me that my speed reduces if I rest my palm and elbow on the table and write rather than keeping it in the air or resting it lightly on the table. Did you guys experience something like this or I am just imagining things?

7.4k views
Write your comment…