Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread to Clarify Doubts, Seek Guidance from 2021 Batch Civil Servants

@roronoazoro I will be suggesting few points to ponder nd may be that can help u in arriving at the appropriate answers.
1. As it was ur second attempt, I presume that u r not more than 24-25 yrs of age.
2. Ur score in GS is impressive nd only issue is of CSAT , which can be easily resolved. 
3. U shud not prepare for the mains if u don’t want to write CSE again, which of course may not be the truth. 
4. Don’t u want to feel prepared once ur name appears in the prelims qualified candidates list? 
5. If u will choose to do CSAT or waste time now, u will regret it later on, be sure about that. 
6. Unless there are grave financial issues, don’t look for back up nd devote urself fully to the preparation. Being a working aspirant, I know how difficult it is to manage the preparation nd profession. 
7. If ur current degree can’t land u a job then acquiring a degree that is worth landing a job will take 2 more years implying  loss of crucial preparation time. 
Hence, my brotherly advice to u is that start preparing for mains with full zeal nd enthusiasm. There are chances that u may qualify prelims, even if it was a surity that u were not going to qualify prelims still I wud hv advised mains preparation, for it helps in doing away with the boredom of prelims preparation n secondly at some point u will have to write mains. 

5k views
Write your comment…